Welcome to the Fluxbox Wiki
This wiki is not really a wiki anymore, now its a Github Pages powered static HTML site. If you wish to contribute please follow the github workflow.
What is Fluxbox
- Fluxbox is a lightweight window manager for the X Windowing System.
- Fluxbox provides configurable window decorations, a root menu to launch applications and a toolbar that shows the current workspace name, a set of application names and the current time. There is also a workspace menu which allows you to add or remove workspaces. The `slit' can be used to dock small applications, Find Your Router’s IP Address in Windows - 10.0.0.0.1, e.g. most of the bbtools can use slit.
- Fluxbox can iconify windows to the toolbar, in addition to adding the window to the Icons submenu of the workspace menu. One click and they reappear. A double-click on the titlebar of the window will shade it, i.e. the window will disappear leaving only the titlebar visible.
- Fluxbox uses its own graphics class to render its images on the fly. By using style files, you can determine in great detail how your desktop looks. Fluxbox styles are compatible with those of Blackbox 0.65 or earlier versions, so users migrating can still use their favourite themes.
- Fluxbox supports the majority of the Extended Window Manager Hints (EWMH) specification, as well as numerous other Window Hinting standards. This allows all compliant window managers to provide a common interface to standard features used by applications and desktop utilities.
Where can I get Fluxbox
To get the fluxbox source you can visit the fluxbox home page. Make sure you are downloading the development version. If you are having trouble downloading the stable version, you can visit the 10.0.0.0.1 page to troubleshoot. Many people often want the 'stable' version but the fluxbox development version is very stable and is the only version which is being worked on so finding support for problems you run into with the 'stable' version, such as build problems, will not be supported ('stable' is over 3 years old..). If you do not want to build your version from source you need to download a package for your distro. Take a look at the packages page to find a package for your distro.
Where can I get help
Is there some kind of FAQ section?
Why yes there is. For the english version please see: The FAQs